While in Rajasthan you have to be careful with your belongings and your health. The temperature soars up so much that it can get you dehydrated. Apart from this you also have to find the right food to stay away from stomach infection. All these and many more information on traveling in Rajasthan are provided in the writing below.
While no one can deny the fact that Rajasthan is one of the most sought after tourist spots in India you have to maintain some points while touring this land. There are culinary restrictions, apparel restrictions and some more factors you have to keep in mind when you are in Rajasthan. Here are some tips that will help make your tour enjoyable and memorable.
Rules for Clothing:
You have to make the right choice of clothes while in Rajasthan. Although, a lot depends on the visiting time of the year, you must not wear too skimpy or revealing clothes. Since the local folks are traditional in their approach it will affect your impression if you try to appear too fashionable. In the summer the weather is dry and hot so carry a lot of cotton clothes. Do not opt for synthetic or body-hugging wear. Wear shades and sunscreen lotion while braving the sun and for the night carry some warm clothes as the temperature drops rapidly after dark. For winter you can carry some of your woollen apparels to flaunt in this weather.
The important cities offer a wide variety in cuisines to the traveller. You can find anything from Mughlai to Continental, Thai or Chinese here. You can also get French Fries, Hot Dogs, and Sandwiches, Pizzas and Burgers and other global delicacies in this state. Smaller cities like Nathdwara, Jhalawar and Dungarpur, however do not offer international dishes but offer the traditional cuisines. There are also several restaurants in high-quality Wimpy’s and Pizza Hut in the capital city, Jaipur. Udaipur too has one of the branches of Wimpy’s to its name. Most of the popular restaurants are multi-cuisine and offer high-quality food.
There are some safety tips that will secure your Rajasthan trip especially if you are carrying good amount of money and other valuables with you. The following list will help you stay safe while touring Rajasthan:
- Do not ever take ‘lift’ if you do not know the person. This rule especially applies to women folk mostly after dark.
- Check twice that your room is locked before you leave for shopping or sightseeing purposes.
- Do not allow any stranger to get into the hotel room.
- While leaving the hotel room carry enough money to suffice the day and not more. Moreover, keep your jewellery and various other valuable items under lock along with return tickets and passport.
- Do not check into any guesthouse or hotel that any auto rickshaw or taxi driver suggests.
- Always opt for auto-rickshaws and taxis from kiosks or prepaid booths. If there is an emergency, fix the rate before stepping into the vehicle.
- Shop from reputed and well-established shops only.
- Do not take food or drinks from strangers.
- Do not stay out long after dark.
- Do not wear skimpy or revealing clothing.
- Have your money exchanged from ‘authorized’ money exchangers only and always take a receipt for the exchange.
All these tips will definitely help you get an idea of how to safely tour the desert land of Rajasthan without encountering any untoward incident.