Darjeeling is a popular scenic hill resort in India and also a popular tourist destination due to its natural beauty and pleasant climate, which is set against the majestic snow-capped Himalayan peaks. Kanchenjunga, the world's third highest peak, can be seen from the town on a clear day. Avoid the months of June, July, and August, as well as December and January. Darjeeling has a plethora of options for those seeking an adrenaline rush. Red pandas, rhododendron blooms, and high-altitude trekking can all be found in Singalila National Park. Due to the park's lack of dangerous animals and snakes, it is the most popular family camping destination in the eastern Himalayas.
Darjeeling Heritage Tour Itinerary Package
Day 1 :Darjeeling
Arrive at the Darjeeling railway station or fly into the Jolly Grant and be received graciously by our Namaste India Trip representative who then takes you to the designated hotel. You can refresh and relax for the day. You might like to go out in the late afternoon for a walk through the Mall or enjoy a ride on the Toy Train, an experience not to be missed. Spend the evening sampling wares in the bazaars and local cuisines. Retire a bit early because you will be woken up quite early the next day.
Day 2 :Darjeeling Sightseeing
3 AM and it is time to wake up and depart for the Tiger Hill. God willing the skies will be clear and you will be able to watch one of the most magnificent spectacles, which is the sunrise over the Kanchenjunga Peaks. The sight is truly awesome as the snow-covered peaks take on crimson-rosy hues and then the sun puts in an appearance. After this the other sights can be a bit of a letdown but cheer up, there are interesting things in store. You go on to the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute to admire memorabilia and learn how people scale peaks. Then it is time for a visit to the Zoological Gardens and its mix of amazing flora and fauna. With so little time available you have to move on to the Dhirdham temple and then it is a ropeway ride with the valley below offering a lovely spectacle. Towards evening you take a walk through the Happy Valley Tea Estate, sample fresh tea and buy some to take home. The day finishes with a trip to the Peace Pagoda, the Japanese temple and the Lebong Racecourse as well as Tenzing. Rest for the night.
Day 3 :Departure
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and then, if you like, the tour representative helps you on to the railway station. You may, of course, want to stay back and explore Darjeeling on your own.
|Tour Name||Darjeeling Heritage Tour Package|
|Duration||3 Days / 2 Nights|
|Destinations||Darjeeling - Darjeeling Sightseeing|
|Tour Price||On Request|
Chat with specialist who can help plan your tour!
- The famous Toy train ride
- Visit to the Mall road
- Magnificent sunrise view of the Kanchenjunga peaks
- Visit to the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute for learning how to trek and some fun
- Be a part of the flora and fauna at the Zoological garden
- A tour of the Dhirdham Temple, followed by a ropeway ride with a beautiful view of the valley below.
- A walk through the Happy Tea Estate
- Finishing the tour at the Tenzing, the Peace Pagoda, the Japanese temple, and the Lebong Racecourse
- All car / taxi / cab service
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary
- Driver allowance, parking fees, fuel charges
- Pick up and drop off service
- Medical and travel insurance
- Any expense of personal nature
- Monument entrance fees
- Tipping, phone bills, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions section