Madhya Pradesh is one of the largest states of India located in the heart of the subcontinent. Ever since the past ages, this region had attracted invaders, explorers, empires, and rulers for its rich biodiversity and a plethora of cultures. Being a massive state and centrally located, it is accessible through all of India via trains, flights, and roads. From exploring the thriving wildlife culture to checking out some of the most iconic and legendary spiritual getaways or holy shrines, Madhya Pradesh welcomes everyone from all over the world.
Here are some ways that will make reaching this wonderful state an easy job:
A flight journey is one of the easiest and convenient ways of getting to Madhya Pradesh from anywhere in the world. In order to make the state more reachable, there are 5 main airports that cater to travelers and people from all over the world. Situated at a distance of 8 kms from Indore is the largest airport of Madhya Pradesh called Ahilyabai Holkar Airport. It connects places like Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, and Kolkata through a fleet of domestic flights. In the same way airports like Raja Bhoj International Airport (BHO) in Bhopal, Dumna Airport (JLR) in Jabalpur, Gwalior Airport (GWL), and Khajuraho Airport (HJR) also have scheduled flights to major cities in India.
If you are looking for a more viable option to reach Madhya Pradesh without spending much money then railways is the best option for that. Did you know that India has one of the largest networks of railway connectivity in the world? The central location of MP has made railways one of the best ways of connecting different states to it. Major trains like Shatabdi, Rajdhani, and Gareeb rath passes through MP on a regular basis throughout the year. The state boasts of close to 5,000 kms long network of railways that connects MP not just with bigger states outside but also with inner parts of the remote villages as well. Jabalpur in MP serves as the headquarters for the western railway zones. In all, there are around 20 railway junctions spread across the state. These also include stations like Ratlam, Khajuraho, Bhopal, Gwalior among others. There are direct trains also available from Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore to any of the stations in Madhya Pradesh.
When it comes to road travel in MP, you will not be able to find roads more smooth and stronger anywhere else in India. If you are living in the neighboring or bordering states of Chhattisgarh, UP or just love to go on road trips then, going to MP in your private car or rented car, then this is the palace to be. Because rest assured, you will not be bored. There is over 1 lakh km of road network in the state that connects MP to the rest of the country through 20 different national highways. Interstate buses also connect the nearby cities and states to the main parts of the town. The major interstate bus terminals are at Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, and Jabalpur.
Things to Do in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh has an extensive range of activities for travellers of every age group. Whether you are interested in a spiritual getaway, adventure thrill or historical explorations, this place has something for everyone. From amazing cascading waterfalls to verdant green cover and spiritual hubspots, this is one place where not even a single day will go to waste. Here somethings you can do in MP:
- Going on a soul-stirringly thrilling wildlife safari can be one of the many adventurous things you can do here. There is no dearth of thriving wildlife culture here due to the presence of around 9 different wildlife sanctuaries and national parks.
- The trek up to the highest peak in the state which is Dhoopgarh is one of the most fun and exciting activities to indulge in. This is especially one of the most underrated activities to do in MP that deserves more attention.
- Sailing Bhedaghat should be done more. Sailing through the marble mountains on the clear green waters and amidst the peaceful surroundings would make for a time well spent especially if you are travelling with your family and kids.
- Going to MP and not visiting Khajuraho? That doesn’t sound right. Khajuraho group of temples should definitely be explored due to its rich heritage and spiritual value which has always been a place of interest for travellers and adventure freaks worldwide.
- Madhya Pradesh consists of some incredible waterfalls. Sure they will be explored during your sightseeing tour there but don’t forget to go for a thrilling ropeway ride over the roaring waterfalls in an exciting ropeway ride over the Dhuandhar waterfalls. It is a must-do activity for people travelling with kids and want to have a hint of adventure.