Visiting Varanasi transports one to a different era altogether. It is as if the sacred city exists in an entirely different realm! Nowhere else would you find death so openly intermingling with life? Enjoy a romantic boat ride along the serene waves of Ganga. The myriad pictures of Varanasi city from the boat-ride would appear as if they have been lifted straight out of a nostalgic film of yesteryears. And when it gets to describing the magnificent Ganga Aarti, we find our words retreating away shyly. The grandeur and numinosity evoked by the Aarti has to be experienced to be known!
Combine the diverse wonders of Varanasi with a visit to Sarnath, the holy site that witnessed the first sermon by Lord Buddha. Enjoy two-day long immersion in the religious, spiritual, cultural and aesthetic environ of Varanasi.
Varanasi Sightseeing Tour Itinerary Package
Day 1 :Arrival Varanasi
Welcome to the magical city of Varanasi! Our Representative would welcome you warmly and initiate you into the trip. First, you would be transferred to the Hotel. After freshening up, let us proceed to visit the many wonders of Varanasi. The sights of Varanasi know no limits! It is as if every nook and corner, curve and twist in the city’s terrain has a story of its own.
The holiest of all cities are lined with millions of temples. Some of the more prominent of them include Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Sankat Mochan Temple, Bharat Mata Mandir, Gauri Mata Mandir, Kaal Bhairav Temple and Durga Temple. The city of temples also has a hundred Ghats that lead one into the waters of holy Ganga. Some of the more famous of the Ghats include Panchganga Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Dasaswamedh Ghat, Harishchandra Ghat, Assi Ghat and Kedar Ghat.
After letting your senses soak in the myriad hues of Varanasi, immerse them in the sacred atmosphere the Ganga Aarti evokes. The resounding sound of a hundred cymbals, bells and drums against the ritualized chanting of sacred Sanskrit mantras provide the perfect musical ambience to the myriads of lamps worshipping the holiest of holy Rivers. Enjoying the holy Ganga Aarti from a boat amplifies the visual aesthetic effect of the entire experience.
Afterward, enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel room.
Day 2 :Varanasi – Sarnath
Being in Varanasi, one cannot afford to witness how the city wakes up to a new day. It is as if the morning rays of the Sun casts a sublimely beautiful shade to everything it touches! A cruise about the waters of Ganga enjoying the morning views at the Ghats where people offer their morning prayers to Sun God and Maa Ganga is truly delightful! You may begin the auspicious day by taking a holy dip in the sacred waters of Ganga as well. Also, pay visit to one of the many beautiful Temples, or the prime Kashi Vishwanath temple itself! You may join in to perform religious rites for your ancestors at the Ghats of Ganga River. Afterward, retire shortly to the hotel for a sumptuous breakfast.
The latter part of the day is allotted to sightseeing of Sarnath. Situated 10 km north-east of Varanasi, Sarnath is the land that saw the origins of Buddhism. Visit its deer park famed to be the spot in which Lord Buddha gave his first sermon on Buddhism. In short, Sarnath is to Buddhists what Varanasi is to Hindus! While at Sarnath, enjoy visiting the Dhamek Stupa, the Chaukhandi Stupa marking the site where Buddha received his first disciples, the pre- Ashokan stupa of Dharmarajika Stupa, Ashoka Pillar and Sarnath Archeological Museum.
Afterward, you may enjoy shopping in the many alleys of Varanasi and purchase for yourself souvenirs of having visited the spectacularly magical city of Varanasi.
- The city of temples Varanasi will welcome worth open hands.
- Visit the famous temples namely Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Sankat Mochan Temple, Bharat Mata Mandir, Gauri Mata Mandir, Kaal Bhairav Temple and Durga Temple.
- Explore through the numerous Ghats like Panchganga Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Dasaswamedh Ghat, Harishchandra Ghat, Assi Ghat and Kedar Ghat.
- Enjoy the early morning boat cruise on river Ganga enjoying the sunrise and in the evening the sunset and the evening Aarti.
- At Sarnath visit the Dhamek Stupa, the Chaukhandi Stupa marking the site where Buddha received his first disciples, the pre- Ashokan Stupa of Dharmarajika Stupa, Ashoka Pillar and Sarnath Archeological Museum, all are unique in their own way.
- Also enjoy the local cuisine of Varanasi.
- All car / taxi / cab service
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary
- Driver allowance, parking fees, fuel charges
- Pick up and drop off service
- Medical and travel insurance
- Any expense of personal nature
- Monument entrance fees
- Tipping, phone bills, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions section