Nestled beautifully at a huge altitude of 3293 meters above the sea level and on the western side of the gorgeous Himalayas, Yamunotri is one of the most important shrines in Uttarakhand. Being set amidst the lofty Himalayan Mountains, Yamunotri looks so admiring and fascinating and this is how it doesn’t only attract tourists with its spiritual charm but also with the unmatched scenic vistas. Every year millions of tourists flock to this pilgrimage and the originating pace of River Yamuna from different corners of the globe to seek the blessings of Goddess. According to Hindu mythology, Yamuna is the sister of Lord Yama (God of Death) and this is why it is believed that taking a dip into this holy river secures you from an unnatural death and also cleanses away all sins. This makes Yamunotri so significant in Hinduism and even after established at such an extreme location, the number of tourists crosses a million every year.
As this gorgeously flowing river comes out from Kalind Parvat, this is why the Yamuna is also known as Kalindi. There is interesting mythology that states when Lord Hanuman’s tail was set on fire then he kept his tail in the river to put off his fire. If you want to experience these places falling en-route Yamunotri and to dwell yourself into the spiritual bliss then plan your Yamunotri Yatra this year with our well-planned Yamunotri tour package ex Haridwar.
Yamunotri Yatra Itinerary from Haridwar
Day 1 :Haridwar – Barkot
Early morning eave from Haridwar to Barkot via Mussoorie and en-route this you will be visiting the huge ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva at Lakhamandal. Post completing the Darshan and puja rituals you will continue your drive towards Barkot. The hotel for your overnight stay has already been booked in Barkot so upon arrival at the destination city, you will be transferred to the hotel.
Day 2 :Barkot – Yamunotri – Barkot
Day 3 :Barkot – Haridwar
|Yamunotri Yatra from Haridwar
|3 Days / 2 Nights
|Haridwar - Barkot - Yamunotri
Chat with specialist who can help plan your tour!
- Enroute visit the Lord Shiva temple at Lakhamandal
- At the Yamunotri temple prepare the rice Prasad and set it in the hot Kund to get cooked
- Offering and Pooja rituals with full faith
- Visit to the Divya Shila
- Experiencing the divine experience of getting a glimpse of Goddes Yamuna and seeking her blessings
- All car / taxi / cab service
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary
- Driver allowance, parking fees, fuel charges
- Pick up and drop off service
- Medical and travel insurance
- Any expense of personal nature
- Monument entrance fees
- Tipping, phone bills, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions section